Monday, November 19, 2007

Mexican Chica's

I just recently went on a 7 day cruise to Mexico with Allison over Halloween on The Golden Princess, a 109,000 ton ship that sails from Los Angeles down the Mexican Riviera and back. Eclipse Marketing, the company that we worked for over the summer, took us because of the sucessful summer we had. Cruises are so nice for people like me cause they force me to relax. Cause when I'm on vacation on land I feel pressure to see and do as much as I can with the time that I have. However on a cruise you get to utilize travel time. We would go to comedy shows in the massive stadium theater on board, play shuffle board on the deck of our ship that is longer than a football feild, play ping pong on one of the 16 available decks, or lay out with some of the other 2600 available passengers all while listening to live music and being waited on by several of the 1100 crew members, all in perfect 80 degree weather while traveling from city to city, it was great.

I took my camera and Ali took hers but we never busted em out once. My excuse was that I had already been on that cruise-Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas-before, so there was nothin new to take pictures of. However last time I was in Puerto Vallarta I went scuba diving and this time I went up into the Jungles of Mexico where the Preditor was filmed and cliff jumped in to the river and got eaten alive by invisible bugs that left sores and welts all over my back and arms for weeks. I don't know why Ali never took any pictures.

Yesterday I got back from Texas. I flew down there for the weekend to scope out an area for next Summer. I have gotten use to being the minority in Detroit and Atlanta where African Americans are the majority but in South Texas I wasn't use to being the minority in an area where the majority were hispanic. But I guess thats to be expected when your 10 minutes away from the Mexico border. Wow is real estate cheap down there! For the same price as in Utah you get about twice as much house down there near the Mexico border.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I was just wondering if you hooked up with some Mexican Chica's and that is why your blog entry is called such???

The Fam said...

You know the saying "What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico." I would really love to tell you if I did hook up or not with some lamanite women but I am bound by the law previously stated. No I didn't but a good attention grabber huh?

Tony said...

Yes a very good attention grabber!

Tony said...

Man you haven't updated your blog in forever. Is everything okay?